Devoxx Belgium 2018
Takes place from November 12th until the 16th in Kinepolis Antwerp.
Call For Papers
The CFP for Devoxx Belgium 2018 is now closed, we received a record-breaking number of proposals: 1014 in total!
Full schedule is now available online.
Devoxx Belgium is again completely sold out.
- Deep Dive pass 350 Euro (Mon. & Tue.) – SOLD OUT
- Conference pass 525 Euro (Wed. – Fri.) – SOLD OUT
- Combi pass 795 Euro (Mon. – Fri.) – SOLD OUT
All prices are exclusive 21% VAT
You can find all the Devoxx presentations on our YouTube channel.
Royalty free pictures from Devoxx events are available on our Flickr album.
Tel.: +32 3 544 36 00
Fax.: +32 3 544 36 06
NOTE : Make sure you use the Business Center entrance and NOT the movie entrance.
IMPORTANT NOTE : Devoxx DOES NOT reach out to attendees to purchase hotel rooms. We’ve been informed on hotel scams in the past, so be warned!
The different types of sessions
Speakers receive a 5 days combi pass when one (or more) of the following session types are accepted:
- Conference talks are 50 minutes and take place on Wed/Thu/Fri (*)
- Deep Dive talks are in depth presentations of 3 hours taking place on Mon/Tue (= 75m + 30m break + 75m) (*)
- Tools-in-action are 30 minutes presentations demonstrating a programming tool on Mon/Tue (*)
- Hands-on Labs are 3 hours hands-on sessions on Mon/Tue/Wed/Thu – Bring your own portable!
- BOF sessions are 60 minutes long, scheduled in the evening and are informal taking place on Mon/Tue/Wed/Thu
(*) YouTube Recorded
A conference or combi pass needs to be purchased by the speaker to present the following sessions:
- Quickies are 15 minutes short presentations during Lunch breaks on Wed/Thu
- Ignite sessions are 5 minutes presentations (20 slides, auto-forward 15 seconds) which take place in the BOF rooms during the lunch break on Wednesday.
What do I get when purchasing a Deep Dive ticket?
Full access to the first two days (Monday and Tuesday) of Devoxx, which we name the Deep Dive days. These include in depth sessions of 3 hours during the day, 30 min Tools in Action talks in the late afternoon, and in the evening informal BOF sessions. In parallel we’ve also hands on lab sessions taking place.
On Tuesday the exhibition hall opens its doors where tech companies from around the world will demo their products, promoting their services etc.
- We serve breakfast from 8h00 onwards, complimentary for all attendees.
- The Deep Dive days starts at 9h30 on Monday and Tuesday morning
- Some Deep Dive sessions have a 30 minutes break depending on speaker
- Lunch during Deep Dive days is from 12h30 until 13h30 in the exhibition area
- The Deep Dive ends on Tuesday evening with BOFs running until 21h30
- The Conference days start on Wednesday morning with keynote at 9h30
- Wednesday evening we’ve a reception with fries and beer
- Thursday evening we’ve a movie from 20h00 until 22h00 in Room 8 (First come, first served)
- The last Conference sessions ends on Friday 12h30
Expect a detailed schedule end of September.
Speakers for Deep Dive, Conference, HandsOn Labs, BOF and Tools in Action sessions receive a free full week “Combi” pass.
The lunch talks: 5 min Ignite & 15 min Quickie speakers need to purchase an entrance ticket.
Pickup your Deep Dive badge on Sunday evening between 17h30 and 18h30 Or on Monday morning from 8h00 onwards
Pickup your Conference badge on Tuesday evening between 17h30 and 18h30 Or Wednesday morning from 7h30 onwards
IMPORTANT NOTE : badges are strictly personal and can’t be shared!
The eTickets will get emailed one week before the conference takes place.
If you’ve favourited talks on our website then make sure to authenticate on the mobile apps using the same email. This will allow you to sync your schedule!
Kinepolis has many hundreds of free parking spaces around the venue which are available all week long.
IMPORTANT NOTE : Don’t leave any valuable things (like portable, smartphone etc) in the car while attending Devoxx!
Follow us on Twitter for real-time updates.
Like us on Facebook and receive more detailed information about the different Devoxx editions and general updates.
Code of Conduct
All attendees, speakers, sponsors, and volunteers at our conference are required to agree and follow our code of conduct.
Cancellations, substitutions, and refunds Policy
Cancellation of your Devoxx conference registration for any reason, must be received in writing and sent to our registration department via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a full refund (minus 25 Euro admin costs), notification must be received by August 31st 2018.
After September 2018, a 50% refund will be given.
No refunds will be made after October 1st 2018. No credits are given for late notices or no shows.
Registrants may send a substitute attendee if written notice is received prior to the conference. Conference planners reserves the right to rescind any registration and in that event will return 100% of the registration fee.
Finding your way to the Metropolis
- Coming from Gent / St-Niklaas (E17 / E34-West). After the Kennedy-tunnel, keep driving past Antwerpen-Centrum, Antwerpen-Zuid, and Antwerpen-Oost. At Antwerpen-Noord (E19), keep driving towards Nederland and follow Antwerpen Singel to the A12-Noord. Leave the A12 at exit 16 (Ekeren) en follow direction Singel. You will see Metropolis at your right when arriving at the Groenendaalpoort.
- Coming from Brussels (A12-Zuid). After driving over the viaduct Boomsesteenweg and the Bevrijdings-tunnel, you will find yourself on the Ring around Antwerp. Follow it towards Nederland. Drive past Antwerpen-Zuid, and Antwerpen-Oost. At Antwerpen-Noord (E19), keep driving towards Nederland and follow Antwerpen Singel to the A12-Noord. Leave the A12 at exit 16 (Ekeren) en follow direction Singel. You will see Metropolis at your right when arriving at the Groenendaalpoort.
- Coming from Brussels / Mechelen (E19-Zuid). Follow the Ring around Antwerp in the direction of Nederland. Drive past Antwerpen-Oost. At Antwerpen-Noord (E19), keep driving towards Nederland and follow Antwerpen Singel to the A12-Noord. Leave the A12 at exit 16 (Ekeren) en follow direction Singel. You will see Metropolis at your right when arriving at the Groenendaalpoort.
- Coming from Hasselt / Turnhout (E313 / E34-Oost). Follow the Ring around Antwerp in the direction of Nederland. At Antwerpen-Noord (E19), keep driving towards Nederland and follow Antwerpen Singel to the A12-Noord. Leave the A12 at exit 16 (Ekeren) en follow direction Singel. You will see Metropolis at your right when arriving at the Groenendaalpoort.
- Coming from the Netherlands (E19-Noord / A12-Noord). Follow the A12 in the direction of Nederland. Leave the A12 at exit 16 (Ekeren) and follow direction Singel. You will see Metropolis at your right when arriving at the Groenendaalpoort.
- Easier route when coming from the Netherlands: Stay on the E19. Follow the signs “Antwerpen Centrum”. Take exit 1 (N129, Merksem). Go right when you get off the highway (direction Antwerpen). Now go straight, you’ll find Metropolis at your right hand side about 500m from the exit.
- Coming from Antwerp Center. Follow Singel, driving North. At Groenendaalpoort, turn left. You will see Metropolis at your right when arriving at the Groenendaalpoort.
- Metropolis is accessible by tram. The tram runs from the south of the city, via the central station – route. Please note that the tram runs underground in the city center. Tickets, and a 3 or 5 day pass, are available on the underground platform. The destination for Metropolis is ‘Luchtbal’ – tram 6, exit Kinepolis.
- For those staying in the Holiday Inn Express or Docklands hotels, bus 31 is recommended. Also buses 123 and 7xx.