Devoxx Belgium 2023
The 20th edition will start on Monday October 2nd until Friday the 6th.
Please contact Kristien Leyn if you want more information about Devoxx Belgium sponsoring.
Call For Papers
The CFP has received close to 900 proposals from 611 speakers.
The program committee and community reviewers are currently reviewing and rating all the talks.
Speaker notifications regarding acceptance or rejection of proposals will commence during the week of August 7th.
- Combi ticket (2 – 6 Oct) = 975 Euro *
- Conference ticket (4 – 6 Oct) = 650 Euro *
- Deep-Dive ticket (2 – 3 Oct) = 400 Euro *
* + 21% VAT
We’ll release two batches of tickets on following dates:
- On August 16th at 9h00 AM CEST (refund until end of August 31st)
- After the initial batch was claimed in mere seconds, we’ve chosen to distribute the subsequent, smaller batch through a random allocation. Given the immense popularity of Devoxx Belgium, it seems a lottery system would provide a more equitable opportunity for everyone interested.
- [Sept 4th] We’ve sent out emails to everyone who received a spot in the Belgium lottery. You’ve got 36 hours to complete your registration, or your spot will go to the next person on the list.
How do I register my company for the event?
All registrants must complete their registration within the first or second batch timeframe, we don’t allow pre-registrations.
For corporate participants, please select the “Company Registration” option. Do ensure you provide a complete postal address along with the VAT number!
Each registration can accommodate a maximum of 10 participants. If your group exceeds this number, please initiate an additional registration process.
Upon completing the registration, an invoice in PDF format will be generated. We kindly request that payment be made promptly upon receipt through a bank transfer.
Should the invoice remain unpaid after a week, please note that your reservation will be released and made available to others. Please be informed that we are unable to make alterations to an invoice once it has been generated online.
Kinepolis Antwerp Groenendaallaan 394 2030 Antwerp Belgium Google Map
NOTE : Make sure you use the Business Center entrance and NOT the movie entrance.
The different types of sessions
Speakers receive a 5 days combi pass when one (or more) of the following session types are accepted:
- Conference talks are 50 minutes and take place on Wed/Thu/Fri (*)
- Deep Dive talks are in depth presentations of 3 hours taking place on Mon/Tue (= 75m + 30m break + 75m) (*)
- Tools–in-action are 30 minutes presentations demonstrating a programming tool on Mon/Tue (*)
- Hands-on Labs are 3 hours hands-on sessions on Mon/Tue/Wed/Thu – Bring your own portable!
- BOF sessions are 60 minutes long, scheduled in the evening and are informal taking place on Mon/Tue/Wed/Thu
No online registration is needed to attend sessions, however we do work with first-come, first-served principal.
Once a room is full please attend another session, you can always watch the missed session online (if recorded).
What do I get when purchasing a Deep Dive ticket?
Full access to the first two days (Monday and Tuesday) of Devoxx, which we call the Deep Dive days. These include in depth sessions of 3 hours during the day, 30 min Tools in Action talks in the late afternoon, and in the evening informal BOF sessions. In parallel we’ve also hands-on lab sessions taking place. On Tuesday the exhibition hall opens its doors where tech companies from around the world will demo their products, promote their services etc.
- We serve croissants from 8h00 onwards.
- The Deep Dive days starts at 9h30 on Monday and Tuesday morning
- Some Deep Dive sessions have a 30 minutes break depending on speaker
- Lunch during Deep Dive days is from 12h30 until 13h30 in the exhibition area
- The Deep Dive ends on Tuesday evening with BOFs running until 21h30
- The Conference days start on Wednesday morning with keynote at 9h30
- Wednesday evening we’ve a reception with fries and beer
- Thursday evening we’ve a movie from 20h00 until 22h00 in Room 8 (First come, first served)
- The last Conference sessions ends on Friday 12h30
Do I need to register for the sessions?
No, we use the first-come first-served algorithm.
But I see this counter next to the title in the schedule?
That’s just an indication of how many Devoxxians have favourited the talk.
Devoxx speakers receive a free full week “Combi” pass
You are also invited to the speaker reception on Tuesday evening.
As a speaker you can collect your badge directly at the registration desk, no need to stand in the (short) queue.
An appreciation speaker gift is also given at the registration desk.
Pickup your Deep Dive or Combi badge on Sunday evening between 17h00 and 18h30
Or on Monday morning from 8h00 onwards.
IMPORTANT NOTE : badges are strictly personal and can’t be shared. When you “forget your badge” you’ll be asked to go back home (or hotel) and recover it.
The eTickets will get emailed one week before the conference takes place.
This year we’ve switched to a PWA mobile app which allows you to install it on your device.
Favouriting talks is linked to your device, no login required. You can also rate talks and give pre-defined feedback.
Kinepolis has many hundreds of free parking spaces around the venue which are available all week long. IMPORTANT NOTE : Don’t leave any valuable things (like portable, smartphone etc) in the car while attending Devoxx!
Follow us on Twitter for real-time updates.
Like us on Facebook and receive more detailed information about the different Devoxx editions and general updates.
You can subscribe to our Newsletter to receive the latest updates on our event.
You can download the Devoxx logos here.
Code of Conduct
All attendees, speakers, sponsors, and volunteers at our conference are required to agree and follow our code of conduct.
Cancellations, substitutions, and refunds Policy
Cancellation of your Devoxx conference registration for any reason, must be received in writing and sent to our registration department via email [email protected]. For a full refund (minus 25 Euro admin costs), notification must be received by August 31st 2023. No refunds will be made after September 1st 2023. No credits are given for late notices or no shows. Registrants may send a substitute attendee if written notice is received prior to the conference. Conference planners reserves the right to rescind any registration and in that event will return 100% of the registration fee.
Finding your way to the Metropolis
- Coming from Gent / St-Niklaas (E17 / E34-West). After the Kennedy-tunnel, keep driving past Antwerpen-Centrum, Antwerpen-Zuid, and Antwerpen-Oost. At Antwerpen-Noord (E19), keep driving towards Nederland and follow Antwerpen Singel to the A12-Noord. Leave the A12 at exit 16 (Ekeren) en follow direction Singel. You will see Metropolis at your right when arriving at the Groenendaalpoort.
- Coming from Brussels (A12-Zuid). After driving over the viaduct Boomsesteenweg and the Bevrijdings-tunnel, you will find yourself on the Ring around Antwerp. Follow it towards Nederland. Drive past Antwerpen-Zuid, and Antwerpen-Oost. At Antwerpen-Noord (E19), keep driving towards Nederland and follow Antwerpen Singel to the A12-Noord. Leave the A12 at exit 16 (Ekeren) en follow direction Singel. You will see Metropolis at your right when arriving at the Groenendaalpoort.
- Coming from Brussels / Mechelen (E19-Zuid). Follow the Ring around Antwerp in the direction of Nederland. Drive past Antwerpen-Oost. At Antwerpen-Noord (E19), keep driving towards Nederland and follow Antwerpen Singel to the A12-Noord. Leave the A12 at exit 16 (Ekeren) en follow direction Singel. You will see Metropolis at your right when arriving at the Groenendaalpoort.
- Coming from Hasselt / Turnhout (E313 / E34-Oost). Follow the Ring around Antwerp in the direction of Nederland. At Antwerpen-Noord (E19), keep driving towards Nederland and follow Antwerpen Singel to the A12-Noord. Leave the A12 at exit 16 (Ekeren) en follow direction Singel. You will see Metropolis at your right when arriving at the Groenendaalpoort.
- Coming from the Netherlands (E19-Noord / A12-Noord). Follow the A12 in the direction of Nederland. Leave the A12 at exit 16 (Ekeren) and follow direction Singel. You will see Metropolis at your right when arriving at the Groenendaalpoort.
- Easier route when coming from the Netherlands: Stay on the E19. Follow the signs “Antwerpen Centrum”. Take exit 1 (N129, Merksem). Go right when you get off the highway (direction Antwerpen). Now go straight, you’ll find Metropolis at your right hand side about 500m from the exit.
- Coming from Antwerp Center. Follow Singel, driving North. At Groenendaalpoort, turn left. You will see Metropolis at your right when arriving at the Groenendaalpoort.
- Metropolis is accessible by tram. The tram runs from the south of the city, via the central station – route. Please note that the tram runs underground in the city center. Tickets, and a 3 or 5 day pass, are available on the underground platform. The destination for Metropolis is ‘Luchtbal’ – tram 6, exit Kinepolis.
- For those staying in the Holiday Inn Express or Docklands hotels, bus 31 is recommended. Also buses 123 and 7xx.
Need a taxi?