Devoxx Belgium 2022
From Monday October 10th until Friday the 14th.
Registration opened on August 16th at 09h00 CEST @ https://reg.devoxx.be/event/2022
Conference-only tickets were sold out in 5 minutes.
The second batch of 500 tickets was sold out in 2 seconds 🤯
We still have some Deep Dive tickets left.
- Combination ticket (4,5 days) = 950 Euro *
- Conference ticket (2,5 days) = 600 Euro *
- Deep-Dive ticket (2 days) = 400 Euro *
* + 21% VAT when applicable
Call For Papers
Our CFP is now closed, we received 700+ proposals. More details here.
Kinepolis Antwerp Groenendaallaan 394 2030 Antwerp Belgium Google Map
NOTE : Make sure you use the Business Center entrance and NOT the movie entrance.
The different types of sessions
Speakers receive a 5 days combi pass when one (or more) of the following session types are accepted:
- Conference talks are 50 minutes and take place on Wed/Thu/Fri (*). For the first time we’ll also schedule some conference talks on Tuesday for the Deep Dive attendees!
- Deep Dive talks are in depth presentations of 3 hours taking place on Mon/Tue (= 75m + 30m break + 75m) (*)
- Tools–in-action are 30 minutes presentations demonstrating a programming tool on Mon/Tue (*)
- Hands-on Labs are 3 hours hands-on sessions on Mon/Tue/Wed/Thu – Bring your own portable!
- BOF sessions are 60 minutes long, scheduled in the evening and are informal taking place on Mon/Tue/Wed/Thu
A conference or combi pass needs to be purchased by the speaker to present the following sessions:
- Quickies or Byte Size are 15 minutes short presentations during Lunch breaks on Wed. and Thu.
What do I get when purchasing a Deep Dive ticket?
Full access to the first two days (Monday and Tuesday) of Devoxx, which we name the Deep Dive days. These include in depth sessions of 3 hours during the day, 30 min Tools in Action talks in the late afternoon, and in the evening informal BOF sessions.
This year we’ll also schedule 9 conference session on Tuesday afternoon. In parallel we’ve also hands on lab sessions taking place.
On Tuesday the exhibition hall opens its doors where tech companies from around the world will demo their products, promoting their services etc.
What is the official name of the organisation that organises Devoxx Belgium ?
The Java Community BV
What is the tax number ?
BE 0477 182 887
Is the organisation registered in Belgium ?
Do I need to pay at once during registration?
We provide a PDF invoice after registration. This needs to be paid within 3 days through a bank transfer.
More details are included on the actual invoice.
Are sessions recorded?
Yes, all sessions taking place in the cinema rooms are recorded and made available the next day on our YouTube channel.
- We serve breakfast from 8h00 onwards, complimentary for all attendees.
- The Deep Dive days starts at 9h30 on Monday and Tuesday morning
- Some Deep Dive sessions have a 30 minutes break depending on speaker
- This year 9 conference talks of 50 minutes will get scheduled on Tuesday afternoon
- Lunch during Deep Dive days is from 12h30 until 13h30 in the exhibition area
- The Deep Dive ends on Tuesday evening with BOFs running in the evening
- The Conference days start on Wednesday morning with keynote at 9h30 in Room 8, the other rooms are used as overflow
- Wednesday evening we’ve a reception with fries and beer
- Thursday evening we’ve a movie from 20h00 until 22h00 in Room 8 (First come, first served)
- The last Conference sessions ends on Friday 12h30
Do I need to register for the sessions?
No, we use the first-come first-served algorithm.
But I see this counter next to the title in the schedule?
That’s just an indication of how many Devoxxians have favourited the talk.
Speakers for Deep Dive, Conference, HandsOn Labs, BOF and Tools in Action sessions receive a free full week “Combi” pass. The lunch talks: 5 min Ignite & 15 min Quickie (Byte Size) speakers need to purchase an entrance ticket.
Pickup your Deep Dive badge on Sunday evening between 17h00 and 18h30 Or on Monday morning from 8h00 onwards Pickup your Conference badge on Tuesday evening between 17h00 and 18h30 Or Wednesday morning from 8h00 onwards IMPORTANT NOTE : badges are strictly personal and can’t be shared. When you “forget your badge” you’ll be asked to go back home and recover it.
The eTickets will get emailed one week before the conference takes place.
Make sure to install our official Devoxx mobile app on Android or iOS. If you’ve favourited talks on our website then make sure to authenticate on the mobile apps using the same email. This will allow you to sync your schedule!
Kinepolis has many hundreds of free parking spaces around the venue which are available all week long. IMPORTANT NOTE : Don’t leave any valuable things (like portable, smartphone etc) in the car while attending Devoxx!
Follow us on Twitter for real-time updates.
Like us on Facebook and receive more detailed information about the different Devoxx editions and general updates.
You can subscribe to our Newsletter to receive the latest updates on our event.
You can download the Devoxx logos here.
Code of Conduct
All attendees, speakers, sponsors, and volunteers at our conference are required to agree and follow our code of conduct.
Cancellations, substitutions, and refunds Policy
Cancellation of your Devoxx 2022 conference registration for any reason, must be received in writing and sent to our registration department via email [email protected]
For a full refund (minus 25 Euro admin costs), notification must be received by August 31st 2022. No refunds will be made after August 31st 2022. No credits are given for late notices or no shows. Registrants may send a substitute attendee if written notice is received prior to the conference.
Conference planners reserves the right to rescind any registration and in that event will return 100% of the registration fee. All dates and times of the 2022 Devoxx conference program are subject to change.
Finding your way to the Metropolis
- Coming from Gent / St-Niklaas (E17 / E34-West). After the Kennedy-tunnel, keep driving past Antwerpen-Centrum, Antwerpen-Zuid, and Antwerpen-Oost. At Antwerpen-Noord (E19), keep driving towards Nederland and follow Antwerpen Singel to the A12-Noord. Leave the A12 at exit 16 (Ekeren) en follow direction Singel. You will see Metropolis at your right when arriving at the Groenendaalpoort.
- Coming from Brussels (A12-Zuid). After driving over the viaduct Boomsesteenweg and the Bevrijdings-tunnel, you will find yourself on the Ring around Antwerp. Follow it towards Nederland. Drive past Antwerpen-Zuid, and Antwerpen-Oost. At Antwerpen-Noord (E19), keep driving towards Nederland and follow Antwerpen Singel to the A12-Noord. Leave the A12 at exit 16 (Ekeren) en follow direction Singel. You will see Metropolis at your right when arriving at the Groenendaalpoort.
- Coming from Brussels / Mechelen (E19-Zuid). Follow the Ring around Antwerp in the direction of Nederland. Drive past Antwerpen-Oost. At Antwerpen-Noord (E19), keep driving towards Nederland and follow Antwerpen Singel to the A12-Noord. Leave the A12 at exit 16 (Ekeren) en follow direction Singel. You will see Metropolis at your right when arriving at the Groenendaalpoort.
- Coming from Hasselt / Turnhout (E313 / E34-Oost). Follow the Ring around Antwerp in the direction of Nederland. At Antwerpen-Noord (E19), keep driving towards Nederland and follow Antwerpen Singel to the A12-Noord. Leave the A12 at exit 16 (Ekeren) en follow direction Singel. You will see Metropolis at your right when arriving at the Groenendaalpoort.
- Coming from the Netherlands (E19-Noord / A12-Noord). Follow the A12 in the direction of Nederland. Leave the A12 at exit 16 (Ekeren) and follow direction Singel. You will see Metropolis at your right when arriving at the Groenendaalpoort.
- Easier route when coming from the Netherlands: Stay on the E19. Follow the signs “Antwerpen Centrum”. Take exit 1 (N129, Merksem). Go right when you get off the highway (direction Antwerpen). Now go straight, you’ll find Metropolis at your right hand side about 500m from the exit.
- Coming from Antwerp Center. Follow Singel, driving North. At Groenendaalpoort, turn left. You will see Metropolis at your right when arriving at the Groenendaalpoort.
- Metropolis is accessible by tram. The tram runs from the south of the city, via the central station – route. Please note that the tram runs underground in the city center. Tickets, and a 3 or 5 day pass, are available on the underground platform. The destination for Metropolis is ‘Luchtbal’ – tram 6, exit Kinepolis.
- For those staying in the Holiday Inn Express or Docklands hotels, bus 31 is recommended. Also buses 123 and 7xx.